Langsung ke konten utama

Kevin Phillips: ‘I’ve waited a long time to be a manager – I want to do it right’

New manager of seventh-tier South Shields on knock-backs, hearing his name sung again and whether he will copy Peter Reid

Kevin Phillips starts with a confession. “Before I signed for Sunderland I didn’t even know it was by the sea,” says the new manager of South Shields. “Geography clearly wasn’t my strong point but I ended up enjoying my time in this area so much that, in the back of my mind, I’ve always hoped to come back one day.”

The former England striker’s return to the north-east has brought him to Mariners Park, seven miles up the road from the Stadium of Light and a 10-minute drive from the sandy North Sea beaches where he will doubtless sometimes put his fully professional seventh-tier Northern Premier League Premier Division squad through their paces.

Continue reading...

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Using Someone’s Pronouns Respectfully Isn’t Complicated. Here Are BuzzFeed News’ Guidelines.

"The Flavor Difference Was Extremely Noticeable": People Are Sharing Everyday Items That They Swear Are Worth Splurging On

Revisiting The “Infamous” NYT US Men’s Soccer Team Photos 20 Years Later

Nostalgia Hari Ini: Timnas Indonesia Hantam Salah Satu Negara Eropa

Diego Simeone: Mentalitas akan Jadi Kunci Atletico Madrid Juara

PSG Selalu Punya Tempat Spesial di Hati Mauricio Pochettino

The Biggest 2022 Coachella Trend Is Hate-Posting About It

Kisah Lionel Messi di Barcelona Bisa Berakhir seperti Bernd Schuster

My Brain Literally Cannot Compute How These 34 Celebrities Are The Same Ages

Oknum the Jakmania Konvoi Juara, Kepolisian Geleng-Geleng